Barefoot Spas Ozonator maintenance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andrew Welsh

Participant

I have a Barefoot Spas PL8. I love it. Big thing for me was the ozonator that we got as an upgrade at the store. I’m really glad we got it, but I cant find anywhere in the Barefoot Spas owners manual abut any required maintenance on the ozone system itself. It doesn’t really talk much about the ozone system. It just says it optional… I dug around some more online, and couldn’t really get anywhere. Has anyone learned about this? What kind of maintenance is required on these ozone systems.

Jordan C

Participant

As far as I can tell, the ozonator in mine doesn’t require any maintenance. We’ve had ours for about a year and no problems.

Josh Wright

Participant

NO maintenance on mine either.

Joseph Hodges

Participant

I have the same question about my ozonator. I have the Barefoot spas 57LP. It’s a small one. I think it used to be called the PR5. Anyway, i just got it last month and trying to learn more about this ozonator. Some places I read says it has an indicator light to tell when its on, and mine does so I guess I good with a green light. Green means go and good right? It keeps the water pretty clean without a lot of chemicals. We don’t really put much chlorine in there. Plus, I read when you put a lot of chlorine in the water, this kind of ozonator with the UV light and ozone gas actually purifies the chlorine out of the water. Pretty interesting the way it works.

Andrew Welsh

Participant

yeah I found out mine has the same thing just never posted on here. It has a green light and a couple other lights. Not sure what they mean, but the green light as far as I can tell means GOOD! I’ve had the system running for a little over a year now with no problems. Same thing just small amounts of shock and some balancer from time to time when I refill the water.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.